Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Option Trading Broker

Posted by tilman29 
Option Trading Broker
April 20, 2017 07:25AM
I want to get into option trading, and moved some money into Ameritrade. But, unfortunately they did not approve my option trading request, and put me in Tier 1 category. What other option trading brokerages are you guys using, and happy with the software, price and service?

Recently, through my greed and utter foolishness, I lost about $3500 from my basket. But, I am not discouraged by any means, and my determination has become stronger. My desire is to buy and sell calls and puts. Using the ThinkOrSwim, I started practicing the trades. I am reading very intently, and being inspired by Rookie, Darcy, Tanman, Robert, TrendTrader1, Trader, mtut, andyclev, xilb51x and others, and trying to understand various trading methods, and come to something simple that I can start using as a novice. I have done good old fashioned passive stock/mutual fund trading for multiple years, and got caught dead in the water, and have to change my method by becoming a real active trader. I have bought Market Maker's Edge by Lukeman, and Technical Analysis for Dummies by Rockefeller, and started reading selected portions when I get some spare time.

I will keep posting about how my journey goes as time passes.
Re: Option Trading Broker
April 20, 2017 06:48PM
tilman29,

I have been using using OptionsXpress (www.OptionsXpress.com) for some time now. It is $15 per trade and is very easy to navigate.
They also have a great paper trading feature that I use almost daily.

Those are great books. I would also recommend Bollinger on Bollinger Bands by John Bollinger.

Dave
Re: Option Trading Broker
April 22, 2017 03:32PM
Thank you Dave. I will check OptionsXpress and the book on the Bollinger Bands.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login