Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Get Earnings and Seasonal Trends - Subscribe Today!

Advanced

Oil, Gold, etc. prices in AlchemCharts

Posted by Stromsmith 
Oil, Gold, etc. prices in AlchemCharts
October 24, 2016 06:01AM
Big fan of the forum, first time posting. I trade big charts following Gary Williams rules the best I can.

I have been pretty happy with AlchemCharts. It is stable, fast, provides earnings dates, and more. The bummer is I cannot chart commodity prices like oil and gold. Does anyone know any workarounds? Maybe there are alternative symbols like EFTs or indexes that represent commodity prices? I do not need real time, just the big chart swings in commodity prices.

Thanks for any insights.
Re: Oil, Gold, etc. prices in AlchemCharts
October 24, 2016 08:30AM
You could try sending a message to Alchemcharts and ask they have the correct symbol for the commodities you are looking for.

It really drives me nuts when two different charting packages use different symbols for the same thing. Like how Alchemcharts uses $INDU for the Dow, and TOS uses $DJI for the Dow. I've noticed that with several indexes as well. Several that I see on Alchemcharts I can't even find in TOS.
Re: Oil, Gold, etc. prices in AlchemCharts
October 25, 2016 08:59PM
AlchemCharts support says oil, etc. are part of the NY Mercantile Exchange which is not supported by AlchemCharts. Oil, gold and the US dollar will likely be volatile following the election. Regardless, I miss getting the full market picture from qcharts commodity charting.

I assume TradeStation will handle it. I need to look into it a little more.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login